An annual survey is being conducted by NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association) to identify the latest updates in design and improvement for our kitchens. This year alone, over 300 members participated in the survey that gave a vivid picture differentiating numerous trendy designs, materials and products that are developed by their team of designers in making and displaying the best in the world of modern kitchen.
Here is a quick peek at the facts in today’s most recent designs for our kitchen all over United States and across Canada:
• Using Darker Paint Finish – Kitchens with light to dark hues of paint are very common to over the years. Last year’s survey present that light, medium and dark hues are used by people 30%, 54%, 55% of them respectively. The National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA). This year’s 4% increase in 44% for the past 2 years of glazed finishes are also noted by NKBA.
• Kitchen Cabinet Painted in White – when dominant colors in the cabinet is concerned, white has been the top choice over the years. With the increasing kitchen fashion three years back, it’ll be safe to say that this trend is going to stay for a while. Surveys indicate predominant white-painted cabinets increased to 67% this year compared to 47%-59% of last year’s survey.
• Using LED Lights – Light-emitting diodes or LED is another type of lighting known to be the most highly recommended lighting vital to kitchen design according to experts. Almost NKBA members and designers across U.S.A. and Canada have chosen this technology of lighting due to its energy efficient characteristic aside from it being stylish; 77% of kitchen designers recommend LED shows increase from last year’s 70%. This rising kitchen fashion from 2010 50% shows that this design will not go out of style anytime soon.
• Satin Nickel on your Faucets and Metal Fixtures – Conducted surveys from 2011 indicate the most popular materials chosen for the kitchen’s faucet will be satin nickel. Usage of it sky rocketed from 42% to 60% from 2010 to present. The rising popularity of finishes such as oil- rubbed bronze has also been noted. Demand for these finishes is increasing, most likely attributed to the decreasing popularity of chrome and polished nickel. Polished chrome has been noted in 2012 seen a major downtrend from 52% to 47% according to a recent survey. Data gathered in polished nickel usage on the other hand indicates a 25% to 20% declination currently.
• Glass Backsplash Accents – Almost three years of glass backsplashes dominate the kitchen at an increasing 42% in 1 2010 survey to 64% to date. According to the current surveys, natural stone usage drop from 60% to 55% even though ceramic and porcelain tiles still remain at the top for three years and counting, its major use seen a downfall of 88% in 2010 to 77% on the recent survey.